The new encrypted signal messaging app has introduced a new feature to make it easier for users to transfer chat history to a new iPhone or iPad.
The feature is part of the new Signal’s version update of 3.9.1 which was released last week, the company officially announced it in a blog post on Tuesday.
Signal iOS comes with the new feature which now makes it possible to switch to a brand-new Pad or iPhone while securely transferring app information from users’ old iOS devices.
Same with every other new Signal feature, the process is end-to-end encrypted and designed to protect your privacy. Migration also occurs over a local connection (AirDrop like feature), so even large transfers can be completed quickly.
If you have your old iOS device and the new one to hand, you can transfer your account and messages by following these steps.
- Download the app on your new iPhone or iPad.
- Launch the app on the new iOS device and begin the setup process.
- Enter the phone number in the Signal app, then choose Transfer from the iOS device.
- Look for the confirmation message on your old iOS device, and confirm the transfer process.
- Scan the QR code on the old device to display on the new device.
- Wait for some time for the transfer process to complete.
Signal Messenger is a free download app for iPad and iPhone available on the App Store.